Donostia-San Sebastian. The Etxepare Basque Institute has opened the process to choose a person to be in charge of its Directorate of Promotion and Diffusion of the Basque Culture. Depending on the direction of the Institute, its fundamental mission will be the promotion and diffusion of the Basque culture, in the areas of music, performing arts, visual arts, film, literature, architecture and design.
Main functions, among other follow:
- Disseminate Basque artistic creation through the promotion of its programming on the international scene
- Support the roaming of artists and works.
- Disseminate knowledge of contemporary creation and artistic heritage.
- Organizing international cultural exhibitions.
- Promote strategic actions for the dissemination of the arts.
- Design programs to aid cultural agents in order to publicize Basque creation on the international scene.
- Promote literature, thought, and research in Basque through the external projection of works of thought and scientific research, as well as journals of Basque thought and culture.
- Higher university degree
- Official qualification of Basque PL3 or equivalent based on what is defined in Decree 297/2010 and Decree 47/2012.
- Level C1 in English, knowledge of French preferred.
- Experience in similar functions and international projects.
- Knowledge of the Etxepare Basque Institute and Basque Culture will also be valued.
The position is available immediately with compensation matching the level and characteristic of the position. Deadline to apply is February 13, 2018.